It's funny the way fashion has changed throuhout time. I definitely don't feel related to the 80's, but the 90's, my goodness that was my time. Fashion today, I think, will be less embarrassing in the future than the fashion of decades past. At least I don't see how my child is going to be embarrassed for wearing jeans or nice dresses. The appearance of today's fashion is definitely more clean and classy. I'm bringing this up because for some reason I forgot about the way that I used to dress in high school...uh, that was an embarrassment. You see in Mexico there are just 2 or 3 years of your life when you can actually can dress the way you want, and they happen to be during high school. There should be like a law against being able to choose your own fashion during that time, though, so people like me who try to be normal later on in life wouldn't feel ashamed of that time of our lives. College was fine, though, since I had to dress like an attorney.
For some reason in my high school years I was so in love with the band "4 NON BLONDES." But I mean SO IN LOVE. I was such a fan of them. I even bought one of those ridiculous hats like the singer and a pair of boots. I still remember my mom's face when she saw them, she was in shock. My older brother didn't believe it when he saw me using them to go to high school. He totally thought I was crazy....and I guess I was. I hate them for not stopping me. At school, since all my classmates had the same poor taste for clothing that I had, they thought it was so cool, they were asking me where I bought them. In a blink of an eye most of the girls were wearing the same boots (not that I started that fashion at school, at least I don't want to think I did so I can feel less ashamed for that matter). Anyway It was a crazy time. By the end of my 4th semester of high school I was a little more normal. Something that I learnd about those boots: they should make all the missionaries buy them for their time on the mission. They are so durable! I had them all throughout high school. They never had holes or anything; they were leather and I used to love them so much. I stopped using them A LONG TIME AGO (thanks goodness), but I still remember that I had them in my closet a little bit before I got married. Wow! What a long time! Anyway as I was saying I was looking and listening to that band on Youtube, and it just brought back so many memories from high school. I want to go through my albums and rip off the pictures haha. I guess it doesn't look that bad when most of the people are wearing the same kind of style, but it's so depressing to remember now. I always make fun of my sister because she used to dress with the gloves (like madonna) and the hair...oh, my goodness! I still can't believe that the 80's existed. Well, I guess my children will say the same when they flip thorugh my albums.
2 comments:
Now I have to see the pictures! And don't worry - I'm still pondering long and hard about my answers to your tag. Who knows...it may take years to come up with the perfect ones! :)
Believe me Aubrey you would be scare...I had such an awful taste in those days. However I can't wait to see your answers.:)
Post a Comment