Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The ultrasound is in and we're going to have a...
...you thought it would be that easy, in the title? No, we like suspense and will let you search through the post. We got back a little while ago from the radiology department at S&W Hospital after dropping Nicky off at school. Ian was tranquilized with a lollipop and subsequent candy. :) Claudia changed into her gown and we watched intently as the technician went through the measurements and showed us all the different body parts...one thing was for sure, the little baby in Claudia's tummy (as we explain to Nicky) was sure active! All the dates put Claudia at exactly 18 weeks and 2 days. All we saw for a few minutes were legs and arms and a back flying all over the place. Anyway, the long awaited moment was here... thoughts about our future addition to the family crossed our minds, changes, etc. etc. Claudia had a dream months ago when we were deciding to get pregnant one more time before residency started, and in the dream she saw a little girl who came up to her and asked her why she didn't want to have her and why she didn't love her. This dream had bothered Claudia for some time, and she had hoped that the answer would come during the ultrasound exam. I had guessed it was going to be a boy, Claudia felt it was probably a girl, and hopefully the girl from the dream. The moment finally arrived, and as the technician zoomed in a bit and focused, it seemed quite clear and he confirmed it, we would be having another girl! We were both very excited, and Claudia was relieved that perhaps the girl from the dream would join our family. We're looking forward to the new addition and that Nicky and Ian will be happy with a baby sister. We just hope that all the wiggling around isn't an indication of any fussiness. :) If it is, we'll love her all the same, but our house will be more than full of over-active children. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the announcement and had to read through everything to fin it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
YEAH! Congratulations you guys...that is so exciting that you will be having a little girl! That is so neat about Claudia's dream.
Take care!
I refrained from skimming ahead. I thought I was going to have to search through for some code or something. Congratulations! That is a relief to a dream come true. I am glad you are feeling a little better.
Yay!!! We all can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations! I've been anxious to hear. Can't wait to meet her!
Yay! A girl!! Congratulations!!
We love girls! Congratulations.
Congratulations! We love you guys!
Yay! I tell you I had a dream like that about Michael! He yelled at me for not following Heavenly Father's promptings and that I needed to shape up because it was his turn to come and he was tired of waiting for me to obey! Let's just say I repented! :)
How exciting!
Em
Congratualations! I am really excited for ya'all. We really want to get together with you sometime soon. Especially if you are going to be moving far away. I hope you are feeling better
Post a Comment