Sunday, April 19, 2009

One month old YAY!



Our little peach Hanna is a month old. Her umbilical cord finally fell out. I was starting to worry about it because Nicky's and Ian's fell 7 days after they were born. She has been a very different child from our other two. Just like my mother in-law said, she is her own little person. She smiles and laughs during her dreams. She already responds when we talk to her...most of the time with a smile, other times just with a concerned face haha! She really looks hilarous. Her sibilings are very nice to her. Nicky always teaches her and shows her her princess toys and many of her girly toys. On the other hand Ian immediately changes his tough little voice to a sweet darling baby voice to speak to her. He already is showing her how to give high fives, crash fists, and fingers (that is Ian salutation for his favorites people). Glenn and I are so surprised that both of our kids have taken this arrival so well. Who wouldn't, though? Our little peach is adorable.
In other news: GLENN IS DONE! Yipee! After 4 years of medical school we are getting ready for vacations with out anything pending like test or coming back on time for school. We'll have plenty of time to enjoy this time together as a family. Glenn has planned everything already. So this time I'm just going to enjoy the moment. Another good thing is that my friends from Monterrey are coming to vist me in Dallas later in the year. I'm so happy for this "girlfriend reunion." It'll be like the old times...well, kind of since 3 of us have children already. Our reunion will be either the middle of June or begining of October. It depends on what one of my friends decides. I'll know for sure by tomorrow. It would be great if we could do it in June since Glenn will be available to babysit while the 5 of us go and have fun, kidless in Dallas. I wanted the reunion to be in Chicago (where one of my friends lives), but I feel bad leaving my kids and Glenn here (I'd totally take Hanna with me). Anyway, that's why we decided it would be better to have the reunion in Dallas in our future home sweet home:).
Talking about sweet homes, mine may be far from one. Don't get me wrong, we all love each other, but the apartment. is a mess. I haven't cleaned since Hanna came to Earth...a month ago to be precise. Glenn and I are planning on doing a major cleaning right before we leave for our vacations. That way the apartment should be spotless by the time that we come back. Then we will have a mess again since we are going to start the packing...AGRRRRRRHHH! I hate moving! I never thought I was going to move so many times....and we still have so many more :S .

6 comments:

DNAgallows said...

I can't believe she is a month old already! She is precious. I am glad everyone is adjusting well and loving her so much. Congratulations on the break too! We are a bit jealous, but soon enough, right! Have fun on your vacations! If you could tell me when our little guy will be born, that would be great. I know my due date is May 1st, but I am sooo ready!

Elise said...

She is so cute Claudia!

And one big hooray for being done with school! I am sure you guys will love Dallas and enjoy your free time until then!!

Angela said...

Where are you going on your trip to? I can't believe Hanna is 1 month already and that Glenn has completed his 4 years of medical school. Other people's lives seem to go by faster than my own. Have a great vacation and tell us all about it when you return. :)

lalalaleesa said...

Hanna truly looks like a little sweet-cheeked peach. She is a beauty, just like big sister and her mommy, too. We can't wait to meet her (and see the rest of you, too!). Don't beat yourself up about the cleaning ... it'll come. It is hard to squeeze in anything more than one little extra task in a day with a new little one in the house (and two bigger ones!). Hanna and Sabrina have the same cheeks - they must be related. I am glad that Glenn is finished with everything. A well-earned break. We hope you've been getting some good info on Dallas - I wish we were a better resource. We wish you could live near us (there are lots of very nice homes for rent) but its probably too far from the hospital. Keep blogging so we're up to speed.

Polly said...

I truely love her cheeks! They are so awesome! :)

How was your vacation?

Laura Standage said...

Hanna is so sweet, and I just want to kiss those cute cheeks of hers! Congrats to all of you for completing med school! :) Have a wonderful vacation/celebration! Luv to all of you! --Laura