Some friends of ours threw a memorial day celebration party. We had so much fun at their house. This friend of ours had a boy who had one of those electric motorized Jeeps, which by the way Nicky has always wanted to drive. She kept asking for one of those Jeeps for Christmas so I told her that Santa might bring it when she turns 5. When she saw the Jeep she immediately wanted to ride it. There is a field next to our friends' house. Colby was very nice. He told Nicky they could drive it together. To get to that field they needed to go under an old fence. Jody (Colby's mom) , Starla (another one of our friends), and myself kept telling Nicky to be careful and made sure she kept her head down so she wouldn't get hurt. Colby tried to help her by pushing her head down, but with Nicky as stubborn as she is, she didn't do what we all kept telling her, and she hurt her face very bad. I was in shock when I saw her face going all the way back. I thought for a moment we were going to have to take her to the hospital. She was crying so bad. She really broke my heart when I saw all the scratches that the fence made on her face. Fortunately they were just scratches. After that Nicky was so scared of the Jeep that she didn't want Ian to get a ride. She thought he was going to get hurt, too.
We kept telling her that the Jeep was safe and Ian was having fun, that it was an unfortunate accident, and that next time she needed to be more careful and pay more attention to what we tell her to do.
On the way back home I was seeing her face through the mirror and it made me feel so sad, seeing her scratches and seeing her sadness. I thought if at least she would have listened. She is so stubborn, and she had to learn this lesson the hard way. I thought that Heavenly Father might think and feel the same everytime that we do something that we aren't supposed to. He loves us so much and he suffers everytime that we get scratches from not listening to what He asks us to do.
Then I felt so bad for being so stubborn and not obleying ALL that He asks us to do. After all He knows what is better for us.
Anyway I just wanted to remember this moment of reflection that I had. (they are very rare in me)
1 comment:
So sorry that Nicky got hurt; our Rachel is the same way...VERY stubborn and quick to do the opposite of what we tell her to do. It makes me laugh sometimes when I read that scripture about 'becoming as a little child...meek...willing to submit to all things...'" I don't have one of those kinds of children (maybe because I myself am not one of those kinds of children, although I'm trying to get better). :)
Post a Comment