We went to the Dallas Zoo next day after their visit. We just did half of the Zoo. It is H U G E. Very nice zoo, if I may say.


We did the monorail to cool off a little bit.
The zoo has this area for the kids to cool off. Ian and grant got SO wet that they came back home with just diapers. :) On a side note we went to the children's area, and they have made our friend Jay a "poopologist," meaning somebody who is an expert in classifying poops. That is right (unfortunately): they make the kids play this game of, "Guess whose poops belongs to what animal?" CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I'm telling ya HILARIOUS! (and gross)
After the zoo we went and took advanage of some coupons for FREE food that I had. We got to have wings...YUM!...and fast food from A&W rootbeer. Next day Lindsay was planning on leaving. I was able to convince her to stay one more day, which was perfect since I had to register Nicky for pre-K, and she was SO helpful. It made me realize that I do need to have a way to reach my hubby haha. Thanks, Lindsay. I couldn't have done it with out you. I was clueless about how to get a bill since Glenn pays for them online. I didn't even know the name of the electric company. I was worthless. Thanks to Lindsay's help, everything turned out great. Phewwwwwwwww!
Unfortunately time flies when you are having fun. Thursday came really quick and the Hobbs needed to go back to Oklahoma...awww! However the morning before their departure we pla
yed at home and then we went to the mall. After that they left for the I-20 to return safely with their anxious doctor who I bet missed them so much. Thanks guys for coming. It's our turn next. We just need to figure out a convenient time for everybody. However we can't wait to go to the OK zoo:)







Well Sunday came fast and my friend Dee Dee invited us to go ice skating. She is the master of coupons, so she got some for me and Nicky so we didn't have to pay to ice skate. She also had coupons for free rides in the carrousel at the mall and free food at Chick Fil-A...AWESOME! Ian got his turn to ice skate, too. Nicky was afraid at the beginning, but then she was "enjoying" the experience a little bit more. Ian on the other hand loves danger so he thought "walking" on ice was pretty cool. He wouldn't let go my hand, though! However he was very sad that we needed to get off of the ice since Momma got tired of leading him.
Dee Dee's kids are adorable and they were very nice to take care of Hanna while we enjoyed this priceless moment.
It was funny to hear Nicky and Ian at the end telling me, "MOMMA, I WAS AWESOME! DID YOU SEE ME IN THERE? I'M GREAT!" (not cocky at all, huh?)


Thanks Dee Dee for a great day at the mall:) And thanks to your kids for being SO AWESOME!

In August alsoHanna turned 5 MONTHS OLD! I can't believe it. She is always our drama queen. We thought Nicky was good, but Hanna learned fast and the student has already overcome the teacher. :) She loves playing with everybody and watching what we do. She giggles ALL the time and can be a screamer, too. She is a very sweet baby. Very easy to love. :) I just can't believe she is already 5 months old. I keep treating her like a needy baby, but she is SO ready to keep progressing. As soon as I see she wants to crawl I lay her down so she con't be able to do it SO fast. She is a smarty, so she has decided to crawl like the crabs: backwards and using her head and pushing herself with her legs. I just know as soon as she starts walking I'll get baby hungry again and may try to have more babies. I guess my father in-law would be pleased with that since he wants MORE AND MORE GRANDCHILDREN.

2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good month! Hanna is getting so big too! I've got to try ice skating with Ava now that I know it worked for you. I bet she would love it.
Wow, you guys sure have been having fun. I'm glad you could get together with your friend and her two boys again. Baby Hanna is adorable. She is sure growing up quickly.
Post a Comment