We had a great Thanksgiving. I wasn't planning on doing anything but talk about the meaning of the holiday to my kids. Glenn returned from the hospital after noon, and my baby sister came with her family to spend the day with us. I, of course, was ready to prepare the feast and some activities for the kids. Glenn told the story about the meaning and importance of Thanksgiving. We started the feast at 12:00 and ended after midnight. Instead of playing football, we all played MarioKart Wii.
Next day Glenn came back home again at noon. My sister and I went shopping after he came home, totally kidless (thanks to my brother in-law Beto and my lovely hubby). The next day Glenn was on call so we all stayed home and played with the kids, visited a little bit more, then we went to Sam's. We went to sleep so late. The next day wasn't that great since a punk decided to brake into my sister's car. They didn't steal anything, which made us think it was probably a really bad prank. I felt so bad for them. They stayed an extra day just to fix the problem. I'm so glad we have cameras around our complex to see who was the "funny" person was who did that. However, that same day my sister decided to take a pregnancy test and it came out positive...so I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE AGAIN! That make me so happy. She keeps encoraging me to get pregnant, too, so we can have our kids with the same age. I'm giving it a thought, but I already know my answer. :)
Today they had to go back to Austin. I had such a terrific time with all of them and the kids already are asking to see them soon. :)
I'm excited for Christmas. We already decorated everything. We now are just doing what we do best: ANTICIPATE FOR THAT DAY!
2 comments:
I'm glad you had such a fun time! You can't beat Mario Cart on the Wii. :) I hope you got some good holiday shopping deals!
Wow! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I wish I could have been there with you. I showed Megan and Melissa your family elf dance and they loved it. Post pictures of your Christmas decorations!
Post a Comment