She started kindergarten in September like most of the kids. She has loved it so far. She won a certificate to eat hamburgers in a restaurant. She wasn't happy since she doesn't like hamburgers. She told me I can have it if I want it. Her teacher (Ms. Newman) asked us (the parents) to take pictures of our kids trying on their first day's clothes so she could give us an album of the class at the end of the year. I was surprised that Nicky wanted to be called CLAUDIA at school (I guess because that name is not as common as Nicky)
As you can see she was wearing purpule shoes with NO SOCKS! I told her it wasn't a good idea. Oh, well. I let her make her decisions. Right after getting in the classroom she told me what all mom's like to hear, "MOM, YOU WERE RIGHT! MY FEET HURT." Luckily for her I was prepared with socks and tennis shoes in my purse to offer her. That way her first day wouldn't end up being painful. That just proved to her again that Mommy knows best lol.
November 2nd: MY BABY IS 6 YRS OLD!!! I told her we were going to have cake and ice cream and open her family presents. That the following week I was going to throw her a b-day party. She told me she wanted her friends to come the same day as her b-day. I tried explaining it so many ways. So I thought like a child telling her, "THEY MIGHT NOT BRING PRESENTS. LET'S LET THEM SAVE MONEY FOR THEM TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING AT THE PARTY." (I forgot Nicky is not a regular child) She said, "MOM, I DON'T CARE. I JUST WANT THEIR COMPANY!" It melted my heart so I told her I was just inviting 2 of her girlfriends over for her real day because even though she was so sweet they might be expecting a big party and I wasn't prepared for that. So I made a heart chocolate cake for her on her real b-day.
November 2nd: MY BABY IS 6 YRS OLD!!! I told her we were going to have cake and ice cream and open her family presents. That the following week I was going to throw her a b-day party. She told me she wanted her friends to come the same day as her b-day. I tried explaining it so many ways. So I thought like a child telling her, "THEY MIGHT NOT BRING PRESENTS. LET'S LET THEM SAVE MONEY FOR THEM TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING AT THE PARTY." (I forgot Nicky is not a regular child) She said, "MOM, I DON'T CARE. I JUST WANT THEIR COMPANY!" It melted my heart so I told her I was just inviting 2 of her girlfriends over for her real day because even though she was so sweet they might be expecting a big party and I wasn't prepared for that. So I made a heart chocolate cake for her on her real b-day.
Here are my other two-some. What took Nicky by surprise was the arrival of my Mom. I knew she was coming because my sister told me she wanted to surprise us all. Nicky thought that her coming by surprise on her real b-day was AWESOME.(Here is Nicky with her siblings and two of her friends)


My mom made us her famous GORDITAS. It is sugar tortillas. We all are big fans of them. Also, of course, of her Yummy tamales. She left uncooked tamales for Thanksgiving and Christmas already so I have that part covered. I'm so selfish, I wish I could just cook them for ME! She bonded with Nicky at nights playing the Wii (since it was Nicky's special week she got to play a lot).November 11th: My Mom couldn't be here for her b-day party. However, for the first time I played solo baking her a castle cake. I'm not crafty and I'M NOT PROUD OF THE RESULT. Nicky and her friends, however thought it was AWESOME. At 2:00a.m my icing thing to decorate the windows BROKE. I was trying to fix them with a toohpick and my finger. Not very smart. :S Oh, well. I'm glad at least the judges' verdict was good. :)
This year for Nicky we had a treasure hunt. Princess vs Pirates. Glenn made a map of the house leaving clues for the kids to find that were going to lead them to the lost treasue. I couldn't take a lot of pics. However, the treasures were tiaras, necklesses, fake money, patches for the pirates, rings with super big diamonds and the pinata. It is actually was the first time we have had a pinata (we the Walkers). I know, shame on me.

Nicky loved her b-day party and all her presents, too. She told me her favorite present was the camera that Glenn bought for her. I warned her that if she breaks it she won't have another one until she is like 25 years old or something. She uses it all the time and is very careful with it. She also loved the 2 pairs of make up set that she got. She mostly used them to put make up on her dolls or if she has family or friends over to dress up her new make up set is always in her plans. :) Ian is already planning his b-day party next year. He was so happy for his sister. Hanna just wants ice cream all the time so she doesn't care who's party it is as long as it includes ice cream.




I love you, sweet sugar plum! I love you with all my heart. Now that you are making some decisions by yourself I'm a little scared. However, I'm glad you always turn to look at me to see if it's a good idea or not. I love you and I want to see you happy, ALWAYS. I want you to reach all your goals and never give up. I love being your mom and I love how you like me to sing to you everynight before going to bed. Happy b-day my sweet sugar plum.
Love, your Mommy


1 comment:
Happy late Bday to Nicky...she is SO darn cute! You are such a good Mom Claudia...they are lucky to have you =)
Post a Comment