Saturday, September 12, 2015

Birthdays!

My family is divided for birthday's moments. Ian and Hanna's  birthdays are in March and following their is Glenn at the beggining of April then we have a long pause until August for our latest baby then another pause to celebrate mine and Nicky's birthday at the end of October and beggining of November. Those months are the hardest (except Zach who is the only one that doesn't share a near month with one of us.
Anyway, this year Ian got in trouble and we had to cancel his birthday party HOWEVER he did have a cake, ice cream and cupcakes for his class at pre-k. We also gave him some presents and he was happy with that. Nicky and a friend of him draw him some cards and he LOVED them! Then it came Hanna's birthday. We celebrate her birthday with the family and she knew she was the princess birthday girl and wasn't shy to brag about it. 2 days after her b-day I threw a little birthday lunch with some of her friends. We had 2 games and she had a blast. I loved when we sang Happy birthday she immediately put on her PRINCESS BIRTHDAY GIRL CROWN letting everybody know she was the start of the party. She was so happy with all her gifts and she was very happy to hear happy birthday congrats from strangers (since she was wearing a ribbon that says birthday girl) so funny.

On another note. I have thought on preparing something extra special for my sweetheart and love of my life. I was a little nervous since I am not good at keeping secrets from him. I decided to give it a try. I talked to my friends and told them that I was going to throw a surprise birthday party and I ask if they could help me. They all were so nice and inmediatly said yes! I made brisket that I drop off for my friend Cody to cook it the day before the party. Celeste made cream corn that was delicious!! I made corn bread and drop it to Celeste house the same day of the party. I convince Glenn that it was for an activity at church. My friend Lori brought the drinks and my friend Kelly's husband made 2 delicious cheesecakes.

A few weeks before his party his sister Sherri sent us an e-mail informing us that she was going to come to town for a conference and that she wanted to spend Saturday with us (which was perfect since I didn't know if I should throw the party on Friday or Saturday...so Saturday it was more than perfect) I deleted her email and like a crazy wife I started to look for her cellphone number. I texted her and told her about my idea. She was sharing my excitement and support my crazy idea of not saying anything to Glenn about her coming. She talked to Glenn's other sister Lisa and convince her to come down and see her AND be part of the surprise. I could not be more excited for my 2 special guests for his birthday.

I took Glenn for a "nice dinner" down Town San Antonio. He had no clue his sisters were waiting for us. When I told him "Let's walk" He wasn't very convinced but accepted. Texting behind his back was super hard. From far away he saw Lisa and Sherri and thought..."hu, they look like my sisters" then she saw them approaching and still the idea of his sisters there didn't click until later lol He was so surprise and happy to see them.

I told them we should go back home. On our way home we made him open the door first. Little he knew all our good friends from S.A were hidden and  jumped to scream " SURPRISE !!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" He couldn't believe it. He was so happy and the celebration went perfect. The kids had tons of fun and we had some Karaoke time with all our friends.

Birthdays are important because is the celebration of the people we love. I surely love my man and I loved surprising him.

No comments: