The other day I helped my friend Lindsay to pick up her car at the mechanic in Austin. We got lost, and the same day I had a party with some of the neighbors. Anyway, when I realized that it was too late to arrive on time to the party, we decided to hit the road and continue to do more Christmas shopping at the Round Rock outlet stores. It was very late and the kids were tired which means they were running around like crazy. Anyway, I got really worried when I couldn't see Nicky at the Guess store. I started to call her and she finally appeared from a pile of clothes. She was playing with her friend Jay. I was very worried so I did like a good mom would do in those cases, BE SO MAD AT HER! I explained to her in a very mad voice that I was so worried and so mad and that she needed to be with me for the rest of the time. At that point of course I was telling her everything in Spanish, which made Jay curious, and he approached close to us to try to understand something, then of course he interrupted me to say "EH CLAUDIA....I CAN SPEAK SPANISH TOO, UNO,DOS,TRES,CUATRO,CINCO,SEIS......(long pause) SIETE, OCHO, NUEVE, DIEZ, YOU SEE?!" It made me and Lindsay laugh.
Anyway, I'm so glad that Nicky has very good friends. Her friend Mason also tries all the time to learn some Spanish words. He told me the other day that that way it would be easier to communicate with Nicky. They love her so much, and she loves them too.
I was always worried about her not having friends because of the language problem. But for her friends that is not a problem which makes me so happy.
Anyway, Lindsay went back to Arizona, and we are leaving next week to Utah or Mexico (it depends of the weather). We are so anxious to go and spend some time with out school and with our families. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment