Tuesday, January 1, 2008

IT's the most wonderful time of the year!

We had a terrific time at my in-laws house. They are just wonderful. The kids just love them so much. I got the chance to see my father-in-law doing silly dances for Nicky and Ian's delight. My mother in-law on the other hand was the best playmate that Nicky and Ian have ever had. And of course Nicky insisting to stay five more minutes out of her routine to go and take a nap or go to sleep was hilarious for everybody. Glenn and I could go wherever we wanted since my in-laws would baby sit for us. So as our anniversary date we decided to recreate our date when he proposed to me. Unfortunately the Chinese restaurant after 4 years got really ugly. We didn't want to go to the dollar movie like we did originally so we went to the normal theater and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. After that we went and took another walk to our special bridge. It was wonderful. And the tears just couldn't wait to come out of us. 4 wonderful years and 2 marvelous children, lots of adventures and more blessings everyday.
Anyway, Nicky got to play in the snow, throwing snowballs at Glenn was her favorite thing to do, until Santa came. Santa was very nice, bringing what Nicky asked for. She is so happy with her princess castle. Goodness she could play with it all day and night if she were allowed.
Ian also got some presents but he likes bothering his older sister. Whenever he can he goes and tries to destroy Nicky's most precious possession.
Anyway, time flew and we had to come back to Texas again. We spent New Year's just having a great time. Glenn made dinner, we danced and played with the kids. We dressed up with brand new clothes, and did some of my family's fun traditions to end up 2007 and received 2008.
We let the kids to sleep until almost 1:00a.m. After the kids went to sleep it was time to watch a movie with my love, but I guess I was too tired because I fell asleep in the middle of it.
Anyway, last year, on summary, we added a new member to the family (Ian of course). Nicky started to talk more English and Spanish, and understanding more of both languages. We moved to Temple, Tx. I got my driver's license with a brand new mini van (that we are still paying for of course). We went to Monterrey once and to Orem once too. Glenn started with the third year of Medical School. He took his step 1 and he is happy with what he got (of course we all are). I made also some new wonderful friends, and some of them are my neighbors. The 4 of us finished the year with good health, I got a "job" as a sitter of one of the best friends of my daughter. I started with this blog, and more and more things. Lots of blessing to count, to be totally honest. What am I going to do next year? I'll play it by ear to see what I can do to be a better wife, mother, member of the church, friend, and daughter. In general a better human being.
Happy new year, too you'll

4 comments:

Polly said...

Yeah, and we are glad to have you guys back! I love to hear about your dates in Provo. How romantic and touching!

Eric and Aubrey said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It's nice getting away to see family. No pictures?

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I have,a lot to b tottaly honest, I haven't had time to downloud them:(

Cassidy said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys too!!! Go team. That is funny we share the same anniversary.