I just don't know how to title this blog. Since Grandma Beth passed away I haven't feel like writing anything, but like a good friend of mine told me DON'T REMEBER HER WITH TEARS, BUT WITH GOOD THOUGHTS! Grandma Beth was buried in Raymon (Canada) next to her beloved husband (Harris Walker). We wish we could have attended her burial, but for ovbvious reasons we couldn't. However, I'm still fighiting the bad feeling that her departure left me. It's a good thing that I have good friends who know how to cheer me up, and of course my great dear husband.
Anyway, on another subject, we are planning to go to the Walkers' family reunion which will take place in Canada. Glenn's grandparents live there. My mother in-law thinks that the reunion should be there, since her parents are too old and kind of sick. I could not agree more with her. I think it is important for my children to know more about their dad's family, (since they already know a lot about were I come from and about my family and friends). It's harder to keep in touch with Glenn's relatives. I love each one of them, but I still feel awkward with most of them. I think I just feel fine around my in-laws. Anyway, I know Nicky is going to enjoy this family reunion a lot.
Anyway, today I went to the park with one of my dearest friends. Our children played and had fun togheter. Although I had to explain to Nicky that holding hands with her friends was fine as well as huging each other, I needed to tell her 'no kisses allowed' unless they come from Daddy, Mommy, or Ian. Last Sunday her teacher of Sunbeams told me that he caught her kissing Jay (her best friend) as well Jay kissing her back. Yes that sounds so cute until you realize that you have to talk about those subjects with your child who is barely 3 years old. You don't want to make a big deal about it, but you don't want to pretend that nothing happened, either. Now she knows the rule too well. If you ask her, "WHO CAN YOU KISS?" she always says, "Just Mommy, Daddy and Ian." Let's see if she does it.
I love that Nicky loves Jay as her best friend, and I know she loves Grant just as much as she loves Jay. Lindsay has become a second mother for her, so I'm not surprised that they are holding hands, and dancing and telling everyone that "they are married." The kissing issue was on the cheek so I don't care very much either, but I don't know when it's the right time to talk about those subjects. Anyway at this point I just pray and sometimes cross my fingers that I'm doing the right thing with her. I just feel most of the time that I don't know what I'm doing.
Anyway Glenn is falling sleep and we still need to read our scriptures and pray . So I guess I'm heading to bed soon too. I'm done with this posting and I still don't know how to title it...anyway let's see If I can think of something later....
1 comment:
Oh, Claudia, I know just what you mean about most of the time feeling like you don't know what you're doing as a mom-I feel the exact same way! I am sorry you are having a hard time with your grandmother's passing but I am happy that you have such close friends to help you.
Post a Comment