All right, so I guess everybody has the chance to vent once in a while, and this is going to be my turn. Sorry people you do not have to read this if you don't want it may be a little XXX for some of you perhaps. I don't know...So one of my dearest friends has been wanting me to go on a romantic weekend with Glenn. She offered to take care of my children for that time. Well, I wasn't very sure about it, since I had never left my children to spend the night without us. Anyway, Glenn of course was so ready for this last weekend, and so was I but we didn't plan things very well. So instead of a romantic weekend I can honestley say that it was a fiasco.
We decided to go back to San Antonio, have a nice dinner at the River Walk, after that take a walk, and after that get into a hotel and spend a romantic night....well, if you think I'm going to vent my intimacy in this blog you are right!
So first of all, the night was cold and neither of us had a jacket or even a sweter, so the walk was totally off the list. We still had the dinner, and let me tell you it was expensive...but not worth it. Anyway after that we decided to check into a hotel, but to our surpise most of them had no vacancies, and the ones who had a rooms for us, cost about a month in rent of our apartament...not affordable at all. Anyway we decided to ask and somebody told us about a motel called Motel 6. Well we were going to check in but it did look kind of insecure so we decided to check in at the hotel in front of it Motel 8 hahaha what of the odds. Anyway as you can see I'm already laughing at this story because after all I think it's one of those stories to remember and laugh (not in the moment, though). Anyway we got into the room and to our suprise it smelled like cigarretes. However, I always carry on a mini-Febreeze in my car so Glenn ran downstairs to get it because the smell was horrible. Anyway when he opened the door he saw my face with a big shock of suprise and the t.v totally up. He asked me why I had the t.v so loud. I was speechless, and I just decided to put mute. Then he noticed we had a loud neighbor girl. GOODNESS! Glenn and I kept laughing for the fist 2 hours or so then we decided to go to sleep. If that was possible, of course. The funny thing was that my neighbor was attending a family reunion. She kept making noises ALL NIGHT LONG! Anyway we "woke up" and then we saw the weather was getting better, we definitely wanted to have some fun in this trip so we used our tickets for Six Flags. We thought it was going to be awesome, so we got on the first rollacoster, which by the way, took us like 3 hours to get on...for a ride of just 1 minute. We were so dizy and I really wanted to puke. We went to eat something (what a great idea) to settle down our bellies and decided to try the next one. It wasn't as bad as the first one, especially because it was empty. After that one we walked in the park for a while and we decided to try the next rollercoaster, the Superman "Man of Steel." The ironic thing about it is that my dear husband lost his glasses on that rollercoaster. We both ended up with headaches and nausea, so we bought more food, thinking that perhaps we could feel better in a couple of minutes. We were wrong...we both wanted to come back home with our kids but neither of us wanted to speak out. Until we finally agreed that the best thing that we could do was return home as soon as we could (especially since I was going to be the one driving since Glenn is blind without his glasses).
The best moment of the weekend was definitely seeing our kids, but the second best was coming back home safely...even though our home smelled like poop (I forgot one of Ian's diapers was in our trash can before we left). Even with all that, we felt like we were in heaven. I sprayed with my Febreeze and threw the diaper out, of course. The smell was gone as soon as I got rid of it. We put the kids to sleep and Glenn and I fell asleep as soon as we got into our covers. We couldn't even pray or read because we both were exhausted.
So there you go I finally got this out of me. I know Glenn is going to tell me, "YOU SHOULDN'T PUBLISH THAT BECAUSE IT'S PRIVATE," but first of all I see this blog as our real life, and you know nothing is perfect and I really want to remember this for the rest of my life. Second of all I wanted to tell everybody TO NOT GO TO MOTEL 8! It's expensive and not family friendly.
Anyway after all we both learned our lession.
(pictures will be publish soon)
3 comments:
Hahahahaha!!!! I love it. I'm so sorry guys. That is funny though.
So when are you planning the next one? :) Isn't it funny how often we just want to get away, only to find out that there really is no place like home?
Aubrey you are totally right. There is not place like home.We are not planning on another get away, not unless we do it with luxery and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Post a Comment