(Morning right before they left Temple Tx.)


(Nicky, Ian, Jay, and Grant's last slumber party. Poor Ian, Glenn thinks that he looks like Snape would have looked as a child LOL!)We had fun with them last year, and seeing them moving made me think about our next year: Moving for good to I don't know where. New friends, new neighborhood. Even if we stay here, I know everything will be different. It makes me nervous but exited at the same time when I think about it. Anyway I'm just going to try to embrace this moment in our lives. It's hard, but I don't think it will be the hardest. Medical school is a big of a challenge, but I've heard that residency is worse, so we'll see.
I went to eat with a friend today. Talking with her made me realize that our situation is unique. Our husbands are always busy, busy, busy. So we actually need to be mother and father at the same time. I'm trying to think in ways that I can get Glenn to be more involed in our kids' lives. With this kind of life that we live it's hard to do it...
(a few days later)...Well I wrote the things above a long time ago. Since then. Nicky is doing better about the Hobbs' move. She "talks" to Lindsay on her cellphone toy once in a while. It's always the same "Lindsay you found me!" conversation, so I'm starting to think that she misses her more than she misses Jay. Anyway. we were planning on going to Monterrey last weekend, but we couldn't. I'm so glad that we didn't go since on Monday I had the worst headache in history. I've had the same headache since then. If I don't get better tomorrow I might have to go to the doctor on friday. We'll see.
On another subject, I got a new calling at church. I'm the intructor for 8-10 years old kids. Well I'm not very happy about it. I think there is a lot of responsability, and with my poor English it's difficult. I'm starting to think that I might quit. I might start going to the Spanish branch by myself since the branch is so small and doesn't have a primary. I told Glenn I was going to try. But...you see it is not that I'm scared of the calling, I'm scared of the calling IN ANOTHER WHOLE LANGUAGE. I just don't feel really prepared yet for something like that.
In moments like this is when I really want to quit everything. When I feel that I could do better if it weren't for the language. There are 3 HUGE reasons that stop me. At least Glenn told me that he would look at the possilility of coming back to Monterrey Mx. after residency if everything works out well. Of course maybe by then I'll be finishing law school here, so it might mean that I'd have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. So we'll see what happens. It's just that I feel very confortable with everything until big responsibilities in Church appear (like giving talks, having a new calling, talk to the sisterhood. etc,etc,etc.) I just hate doing that in another languange. Going to a Spanish ward...well that would be the right solution IF WE WEREN'T IN TEMPLE!.
It' s nice taking this off my chest. I'll do my best. But if I feel that I'm not progresing well, I might just talk to the bishop about my feelings.
In other things: We are planning to go to Canada in a couple of weeks. After Glenn's Step 2 to be precise. Nicky and Ian will have the chance to see most of Glenn's mom's side of the family, which is great! I'm excited for this little trip. It will be relaxing mmmm or maybe not exactly realxing but at least we'll see another landscape. I'm getting dizzy again, so I'll stop now.
5 comments:
I'm sad about Lins moving too! What is she thinking moving away from us? You can come visit me and we'll keep each other company!!
That'd be the perfect solution:). But then even if Glenn does his residency in Galveston...you probably will be ending moving in the year after I move in! isn't it pity? well at least we can have friends all around the nation:)
Oh, Claudia! I can only imagine that teaching in another language would be so hard!
Your trip to Canada sounds awesome! I hope your headaches will stop and you'll feel better soon.
Claudia,
Your English is soooooooo good now. Everytime I talk to you I am very impressed by how well you can communicate. I know you can teach primary. The lesson manuals tell you just what to do. Also 8-10 year olds are very smart so they can help you teach. Just hand over the manual to them and have them read a section or two. I am looking forward to visiting with you in Canada. Megan can't wait to meet her cousin Nikki. See you soon.
Angela Walker
Hey! Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! It has been a while now that I thought of closing my blog for good because I thought I just have no time for it and not sure if I have anything much to blog about. So, thank you!
And you! What the hack are you talking about? I just now catching up with the the posts in your blog and don't you see how well you write?! I taught the 7-year-old one Sunday and one cool thing about teaching the kids is that they are really good at expanding your topics... and you ask a question, they will give you a million of answers back!
You are doing just great!
Post a Comment