No seriously...what is their purpose in life? I might be very ignorant, but I just hate them so much. My son had been stung for an escorpion today. I was so scared. I was downstairs when I heard Ian cry, and Nicky was calling me to tell me that he was crying. That's weird because she normally dosen't want to tell me when he cries since she is normally to blame. Anyway, I ran upstairs and I saw him scratching the back of his head, and I thought, "he probably bumped his head." So I went to hug him and then I saw the scorpion. I killed it with all my strength. Ian stopped crying, but he kept scraching his head. Luckily Glenn decided that he could study today at home so he called the doctor and they told us to take him to the emergency room. So I took Ian with me and Nicky stayed with Glenn. Ian and I didn't come back until 11:00 p.m. He was so tired my poor little baby. The doctor just gave him benadryl. He was actually behaving pretty normally. At the end the doctor told me that most of the scorpions in Texas aren't poisonous, which made me feel relieved. However I told Nicky and Ian if they ever see one of those they have to call me or kill it with a shoe but never ever touch them or play with them because they are very dangerous. Nicky gave another look at the dead body to make sure that she would recognize the bug next time.
Last year we had the same strugule with scorpions. So pet control came every Wednesday. Tomorrow I'll go to ask them to start coming again. I'm so glad that at least pet control will come to help us from now 'till the problem is solved.
3 comments:
Oh no, Claudia! I'm so sorry that Ian got stung by a scorpion. That would scare me so bad! I've never had any experience with them and I hope it stays that way!
Wow, I am sorry to hear that! I heard they were in our complex. Hopefully the bug man will keep 'em away from all of us! Good advice on the scorpians. We had a black widow and the kids know what they look like. I apparently scared them pretty good, because every spider is as scary as a black widow now. I hope you have no more scorpians!
Black widow! Now the scrpians sounds funny vs back widow. It's awful to hear we had such an unfriendly bugs around us and our family.:S
Post a Comment