Sunday, July 20, 2008

NEW MEMEBERS OF THE FAMILY!

Katie and Oscar are the name of our new babies. Nope, I'm not expecting twins, nor PREGNANT! Katie and Oscar are the names of our new baby fish. Well they might not be that young or who knows. Since our last visit to the pediatrics Ian has been asking me for a fish. Well last week I finally took my kids to the store planning to buy one fish, but as you can see I ended up buying 2. You see Nicky didn't want a fish, at least that's what she said, but after she saw them she fell in love with this cute femenine fish, the yellow one. Glenn and I think that the fish's behavior is like Nicky's, maybe that's why Nicky likes it. Even if she is starving she won't eat in front of people...isn't it funny? Ian on the other hand fell in love with another fish, which by the way I think has a similar personality to his, too. His fish is very tough, just like himself. The name of his fish is Oscar. Ian wanted to call his fish "shark" but we didn't want to confuse him since he is barely speaking and learning. Anyway they are both very happy and excited for their new pets. Everyday, Ian's first words are about the fish. He tells them everytime he can HALLO FISH!
He pretends that he talks to them, then looks at me with his cute big eyes, pops his hands to his side like he's asking me "why don't they respond?" Well he never gives up. I think deep indise he thinks someday the fish are going to get out of their tank and play with him. So far he is happy just seeing them and talking to them.
After our new acquisition, I was driving back home and I saw a small fair close to the mall. When I came back, and taking advantage of this wonderful fourth year of Medical School, I told Glenn about it to take the kids with us (you se the first three years of Medical School I wouldn't even have dreamt about going all together to do something like this. I would normally include a friend or go by ourselves without daddy. However, since fourth year and after the Step 2, it has been wonderful. I feel like I have a husband again, and the kids of course have a dad again too). Anyway we took them yesterday. It was kind of expensive but Nicky thought it was totally worth it. After seeing her face we agreed with her.Ian on the other hand was dissapointed since he was too short for the most of the rides. However he forgot about it as soon as Dady bought him a cotton candy. Yummy! You have to agree a fair is not a fair without cotton candy. So I guess after that he was starting to agree with Nicky about the fair being the best place ever. They won a hammer, a duck and a dolphin...she looked so excited, right? It's because she wanted to keep playing, she was actually happy with the doll. After seeing both of them so happy AND READY TO GO TO SLEEP, Glenn and I were happy that we took them. Nicky on the way back kept asking me if maybe another day I could take her again...and of corse I said yes...what I did not said was that it would happen when Ian is tall enough to ride with her. On another subject. I decided to cut my hair, and I did it 2 weeks ago. I haven't had the time to take a picture. Nicky got this new hobby as a photographer and she actually took this picture of my new hairstyle today. I think she did pretty good. She is taking pictures of everything. She feels very important when I ask her to take pictures of something.
I don't know what is wrong with me lately but I don't know how to end up my posts so..I'll go with the classic...until next time! I'm out...







6 comments:

Barb Stanford said...

Hi Claudia, your hair looks great! Your outing to get the fish and going to the fair sounded so fun. I am glad Glenn was able to go with you guys.

Take care
Barb

Elise said...

Fish are such a good, low-maintenance pets! And the fair looked so fun! I'm happy Glenn could go with you. And your hair looks great!

KID, MD said...

Yay for 4th year!! It is so nice to be a normal human for a while. Enjoy!!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE your haircut. Nicki did a great job with the picture. Ian is Sooo cute talking to the fish. He's getting so grown up

Eric and Aubrey said...

CUTE hair! I love it! I'm so glad you're enjoying fourth year. I'm still waiting for mine to begin! Eric's rotation actually gave him homework and he has a test at the end. We were going to drive to visit him, but he said as much as he would love to see us he had to, yep, study. I'm anxious to be home and see everyone. Only two more weeks!

Eric and Aubrey said...

Oh - and I'm curious to see how long your fish last. I'm glad they're loving them. My kids always love ours to the end...the very end. I'm surprised I can keep kids alive, but not fish!