Despite one of the nurse's negligence, everything turned out great and with help from above I gave birth to a wonderful, pretty baby girl. Tears of joy came out of everybody's eyes there. Even though Nicky was a little sick, I felt the Spirit very strongly telling me she was going to be fine.
I can't believe it's been 5 years already. It was sunny and warm this morning, and with my baby sister and her family here, we all sang Happy Birthday to Nicky. It's amazing how things can change so fast.
Nicole, you are such an amazing girl. You try so hard to be obedient and you do such a fantastic job with that. You're always so outgoing. I admire so many things about you. Your heart is precious. Your prayers and asking the Lord for help so we all can be happy is something that I love about you. You are indeed a very dramatic little girl, but you have such a beautiful soul and heart. You always worry about your Dad coming back safely at home, or Mommy not being so sick (when I'm pregnant) You really try to be a good example for others. I love you, Claudia Nicole Walker. I feel very blessed and happy that the Lord or you decided to have you in our family. I'm learning so many things about you and there are so many more for discover. You are my princess and it doesn't matter how old you get you will be always my beautiful baby princess. Te amo nenita!
For her 5th b-day we planned a princess party. The "castle" was ready to rock. Glenn, my brother in-law Beto, and my sister Dina helped me with the decorations while Ian and Merary (my niece) helped with the toy room. The boys took off since it was a girl princess party. We had pizza , cake, and ice cream. For games we made crowns and friendship necklaces/ bracelets. We also played "freeze" with dancing and music, and put the crown on the castle (tail on the donkey). The party was 2 hours long. I ran out off time so we opened the presents just with the family. Emma (one of Nicky's cousin) helped by reading the cards and notes from the presents and Merary (the other niece) helped by opening the presents. Her favorite part of the party was making the friendship necklaces and opening the presents. She loved her princess cake (made by my sister), and pizza is her favorite food. Hanna was sick so she couldn't join her sister's celebration. Nicky was so thoughtful and decorated Hanna's crown. We all were so tired. The kids went to sleep while the grown ups stayed up and played Wii (MarioKart addiction). Nicky thanked me for her great princess party. Before she went to sleep her grandparents called her again to wish her a great b-day and to sing for her. She was smiling all the time, but ready to go to sleep so that she could play with all her toys the following day.
Also, and we don't know if this is just because she's now five years old, Nicky has officially told us (and everyone at school), she no longer wants to be called Nicky. Her name, for all who read this, is "NICOLE"!!! :) Let the drama continue! :) Here are some pics, enjoy!
2 comments:
Wow! You went ALL out, with the decor, cake and costumes! Looks like such a fun party!!!! I love the Belle dress, she is my favorite of them all. You are such a fun, creative mom.
Happy Birthday to Nicky! It's so sad that they grow up so fast. You did such an awesome job on the party. Loved the cake!!
Post a Comment