My friends Fernando and Gloria came from
Monterrey to spend Christmas with us. Fernando is a friend from law
school and Gloria is his wife who just happens to be a lawyer, too. We are very passionate about law and how things are changing in Mexico. We were up most of the days until 3:00 to 4:00 a.m. sometimes talking about lawyer stuff. Fernando and I had different points of view and I still think I'm right and he is wrong! haha I did, however, feel very behind with all the law changes that our country is suffering. I forgot why I prefer to ignore some stuff. I get so into it that the first thing that comes to my mind is I WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!
Bu that is not possible right now for three very important reason: I'm trying to at least be the best mom I can offer for my three reasons.
Anyway, we also went to Bass Pro Shop. My friends like all that hunting stuff and they were in heaven seeing all the "toys" that the store has. Hanna was in love with the deer,
or at least half of their heads. Bass Pro was providing free pictures with Santa, different games to play with, and also a free merry go round with reindeer and slides. The kids loved it.
We celebrated a white Christmas with snow and everything. Glenn was on call. The kids, my friends and I made gingerbread houses, cookies for Santa, and made some
puzzles that we have. We talked about the importance of this day. Since Glenn was on call he wouldn't be home on Christmas until after 1:00 p.m. I let the kids go to sleep until 1:00 a.m. (that way Glenn could be "on time" for them to open the presents). Another
miracle of Christmas
was that Glenn had a very
relaxing call and that he
was off duty very early on
Christmas day.
He was home at 9:00 a.m. so he was the one who woke us up and we were able to celebrate with him such a special day. The kids were so happy to see their dad at home on time to show him all his gifts...and so was I. It made the day more special. Everybody got what they wanted. Later on that day while the kids and our friends were taking a nap Glenn and I got to go outside and have a small snow fight. For the first time, my aim was good enough to hit Glenn a few times. We had a relaxing Christmas day. The next day Glenn was home early, too, and we went and did some more shopping. Before that, Glenn and the kids got to play in the snow. BTW Nicky thought that was her favorite thing about this Christmas season. That night was our friends' last night with us. They hit the road to Monterrey at 10:00 p.m. We had fun and appreciate their effort to come and visit.
Glenn and I celebrated our anniversary in the most relaxing way possible. Glenn worked hard to get home early from work to make me a nice breakfast in bed. We talked to the kids about the importance of that day in our life. Of course, we kept saying that we cannot believe it's already been 6 years, 3 kids, medical school, and now residency. We didn't think about the future, we just enjoyed the moment and the generosity that our Heavenly Father has for us. We went and visited Glenn's sister in Fort Worth. The kids had fun and we had a good visit. It was fun to see little Christian and little Emma playing with Hanna.



We came back home and put the kids to bed. We let Hanna play with her
favorite present and it was fun to see that she really likes following Nicky's steps for ballet doing tip toes all the time :)
BABE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR US. I LOVE YOU. I'M SO GLAD GOD HAS PUT YOU IN MY LIFE AND THAT YOU ARE THE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN. I COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER GIFT THAN HAVING A RESPONSIBLE, LOVABLE, FUNNY, HANDSOME, SMART, LOYAL, GOOD MEMBER OF THE CHURCH, BEST FRIEND, THOUGHTFUL, CARING HUSBAND. It's been 6 years and I can't wait for our whole eternity together. I'm so proud of your parents and grateful that they raised a great man. I'm so thankful to our Heavenly Father that we have temples and hope to have an eternity together. I love you and like I always tell you, all the good things that our marriage has been through are special. But the bad things are so special, too, because we're still here, together, and those bad things are just making us better people and a better couple. God trusted nobody else but us to be able to go through that. I feel special and I really think we are special. God loves us so much and I'm so grateful that he keeps holding our hands to guide us back to his presence someday.
BABE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR US. I LOVE YOU. I'M SO GLAD GOD HAS PUT YOU IN MY LIFE AND THAT YOU ARE THE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN. I COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER GIFT THAN HAVING A RESPONSIBLE, LOVABLE, FUNNY, HANDSOME, SMART, LOYAL, GOOD MEMBER OF THE CHURCH, BEST FRIEND, THOUGHTFUL, CARING HUSBAND. It's been 6 years and I can't wait for our whole eternity together. I'm so proud of your parents and grateful that they raised a great man. I'm so thankful to our Heavenly Father that we have temples and hope to have an eternity together. I love you and like I always tell you, all the good things that our marriage has been through are special. But the bad things are so special, too, because we're still here, together, and those bad things are just making us better people and a better couple. God trusted nobody else but us to be able to go through that. I feel special and I really think we are special. God loves us so much and I'm so grateful that he keeps holding our hands to guide us back to his presence someday.
TE AMO BEBE ERES EL MEJOR ENSERIO TE LO DIGO! FELIZ 6TO ANIVERSARIO!
1 comment:
Happy belated Anniversary!! You both are a great couple!
Post a Comment