Last week we went and visited our friend Lindsay in Oklahoma. I was planning on visiting Laura (one of Glenn's cousins), but she was in Canada at that time.
The kids and I had so much fun during this visit. We went to the science museum (where Hanna and I sled for the first time together and Ian kept running into himself in the mirror room). Lindsay and I were excited to recognize some of the stars in the planetarium and Jay was so pleased to be able to show Nicky all his favorite spots in the place. Grant was delighted with the idea of screaming at a big tub to hear the echo of it. Bass Pro Store was another of our fun dates. The kids got the chance to take a picture with Santa and asked him what they wanted for Christmas. Nicky told Santa of course she wanted just a camera and Ian was just in a pause until I reminded him about Spiderman...then he started saying so fast, "I WANT A SPIDER MAN AND A BREEN BOBLET [green goblin] and a robot like a mask and cars and something else." The Hobbs clan was having fun shooting while that happened. Then Lindsay gave us a tour of the store, and it was fun to see what they have. Then we lost Nicky for a bit; I was so scared. For the fist time in my life I was truley scared and about to cry in panic. Then I found her and I was yelling at her like crazy holding the tears back in my eyes. Then we thought we lost Lindsay, so Ron, the kids and I were looking for her until we finally "found" her . She was smart enough to wait in the exit in case that somebody wanted to take Nicky out of the store without my permission. Besides that everything was perfect . Wait I think I'm lying: I'm out of practice with making pizza. I made one for the Hobbs that night and it was horrible. I felt so bad that I didn't do it right. She made some apple dumplings that I'm still drooling about YUM! She rented a movie and even though she watched the whole movie I fell asleep after 10 minutes. We also went to Edmond museum. The kids had fun. Nicky was the tender. Jay was the customer who thought he got a very good deal by buying a $7 carrot lol. Grant was the banker and Ian was "Billy the Kid." Lindsay was doing crafts and I was the cow nursing Hanna every time that she would cry because her teething situation.
The kids and I had so much fun during this visit. We went to the science museum (where Hanna and I sled for the first time together and Ian kept running into himself in the mirror room). Lindsay and I were excited to recognize some of the stars in the planetarium and Jay was so pleased to be able to show Nicky all his favorite spots in the place. Grant was delighted with the idea of screaming at a big tub to hear the echo of it. Bass Pro Store was another of our fun dates. The kids got the chance to take a picture with Santa and asked him what they wanted for Christmas. Nicky told Santa of course she wanted just a camera and Ian was just in a pause until I reminded him about Spiderman...then he started saying so fast, "I WANT A SPIDER MAN AND A BREEN BOBLET [green goblin] and a robot like a mask and cars and something else." The Hobbs clan was having fun shooting while that happened. Then Lindsay gave us a tour of the store, and it was fun to see what they have. Then we lost Nicky for a bit; I was so scared. For the fist time in my life I was truley scared and about to cry in panic. Then I found her and I was yelling at her like crazy holding the tears back in my eyes. Then we thought we lost Lindsay, so Ron, the kids and I were looking for her until we finally "found" her . She was smart enough to wait in the exit in case that somebody wanted to take Nicky out of the store without my permission. Besides that everything was perfect . Wait I think I'm lying: I'm out of practice with making pizza. I made one for the Hobbs that night and it was horrible. I felt so bad that I didn't do it right. She made some apple dumplings that I'm still drooling about YUM! She rented a movie and even though she watched the whole movie I fell asleep after 10 minutes. We also went to Edmond museum. The kids had fun. Nicky was the tender. Jay was the customer who thought he got a very good deal by buying a $7 carrot lol. Grant was the banker and Ian was "Billy the Kid." Lindsay was doing crafts and I was the cow nursing Hanna every time that she would cry because her teething situation.
We made gingerbread houses, played some vtech games, and went shopping. My goodness we had a blast. If somebody knows how to be a great host, that is for sure my friend Lindsay. I'm so happy that my dad taught me well. Lindsay is indeed one of the best friend I have made here in the States. I feel very lucky and blessed that God has put The Hobbs on our path. If somebody knows how to be Christ-like, it's her. Lindsay, thank you so much for everything. You are the best, and I SO OWE YOU BIG TIME THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I am glad you are able to get away and enjoy yourself. Your children are growing so fast and are darling!
Post a Comment