Our Walker/Soria New Year's Eve party was a success. In spite of Glenn being so tired and singing from the couch most of the time, everything turned out great. We did all our crazy traditions. The kids kept asking us why did we have to put our shoes on the wrong feet (funny as Ian always puts them on that way, but just that day he decided it was uncomfortable so he didn't want to do it). I told him I'd hate to finish the year by spanking him and problem solved. We danced, sang, and as soon as the clock said it was midnight we ate our 12 grapes with a wish for each of them, ran 12 times in and out the door with suitcases in hand (that means we will travel during the year), and then we cheered and hugged. We did all this at midnight. We took our last picture of the year, too. I went outside and beg to the moon with my wallet open to have money all year. Glenn joined me by begging forgiveness for my pagan and superstitious beliefs, clarifying, "WHOEVER SHE IS TALKING TO, PLEASE SHE IS JUST DOING IT TO HAVE FUN, NOT BECAUSE SHE REALLY BELIEVES IT. AND YET, IF WHOEVER YOU ARE WANTS TO GIVE US MONEY, DON'T FORGET TO FILL UP MY WALLET WITH IT, TOO." :) (I thought it was funny) Anyway we still don't have any karaoke Cd's (my friend didn't have time to buy them), but normal CD's work as well. The kids can't read anyway, so I guess it was fine for them to have the voice of the singer to lead them. Even little Hanna sang saying, "DADADADAAAAA!" and at other times she chewed on the microphone.
Here are some pictures of our 2009 NEW YEAR.
It's good to finish and start New
Year with a good 









laugh and with all the family together.
There is another memory that I'd like to remember in this blog of mine: A few months ago was call to serve in the nursery. I was playing with this little polynesian boy, pretending that he was scaring me with his Jack in the Box toy. Ian saw this and while we where laughing Ian ran and pushed this kid telling him, "DO NOT SCARE MY MOMMA!" The other kid who, by the way, was taller and WAY THICKER than Ian came back and pushed him back. Then Ian was getting his fist ready to "touch" his face with it... where was I? I was trying to move the other 5 little girls away from me so I could prevent the fight. I stopped Ian just in time and explained to him that we were just playing and that I wasn't scared. He then told me with a very protective voice, "I DON'T WANT ANYBODY TO SCARE YOU, MOM." He is a teaser, but he really is very protective of the people that he loves or is in need of. I feel very neat that my kids are so protective of each other and of us, too.
4 comments:
I loved hearing about all your traditions. Did your kids all stay up until midnight? Holly and Emily were at sleepovers on New Years Eve and Megan and Melissa both asked to be put to bed at 10pm. Nathan went to bed at 8pm as usual. So it was just Scott and I piecing a puzzle together at midnight. Just like the old days before kids.
yep! All my kids were up until midnight. I was giving cat naps to Hanna before midnight so she would be happy as she was. The kids though it was great to sleep that late. I'm glad you guys had fun on your New Year:)
Awesome traditions! I just may try the money request next year as well...it never hurts to try :)
You're amazing to keep your entire family up until midnight. We put our kids to bed at regular time and Jared and I were in bed by 11pm. We need to follow your example and get some fun in our lives. I'd like to watch you run in and out of your house twelve times with luggage in hand!
What's up with all the snow you've been getting? At least you got a white Christmas!
Happy New Year and love love love to see your pictures... I have a lot to catch up with "reading" your blog :)!
BTW, I love your mean face in the picture, very sexy! :)
Post a Comment