"Here with our friend Fernando, Gloria, Fernandito, Yovana, Our kids my love Glenn and me"Almost like a dejavu. That was something that is how I felt about the quick trip that we did to Monterrey Mx. It was such a short trip for the kids, for us but specially for our families and friends there. Although we had a terrific time with everybody there, everything was so fast. We were eating all the time. Everybody was inviting us to go and eat with them. We had the opportunity to spend time with almost all our friends and family. Almost I said since we couldn't met our new nephew, and we didn't have the chance to see our friend Gloria and Milton, since they were working that night. We couldn't either meet our good friend Tono's girlfriend. And our friend Martha was so disappointed that we left without saying good bye. Everything was so fast. If I weren't so tired because of the quick trip I'd promise that that was just a dream. I wanted to buy some souvenirs for my good friend Polly and also Glenn and I wanted to go to our favorite restaurant there. We couldn't make it. Monterrey is getting bigger and bigger every time that I go and visit, that our friends wanted to show us all the new things that it has. We were out until 3 a.m. Poor of the kids they were so tired, so were we. But we didn't want to be the party poppers, saying good bye early since they were doing everything for us to feel comfortable. However we all agreed that we are not young anymore, we felt so old. By 12:00 a.m. on Saturday we were just remembering when we used have fun until very late without getting tired at all. Now most of us are married, and having children.
Anyway everybody was very disappointed about us departing on Sunday. My aunt Gloria prepared a great lunch and some of our family was there to say good bye. They told us that it was pity to have a short visit with us. (from Friday night to Sunday noon) They kept complaining and asking us to stay longer. Unfortunately we couldn't do it because of Glenn busy schedule at school. However we are talking about spending Christmas and New Year in Monterrey Mx. We haven't done it since 2004. We're still thinking about it because we want to go and visit Glenn's family in Utah, but that depends of course on the weather. We'll see what happen.
Anyway on the way back to Temple, Nicky was singing Spanish songs for Ian who was laughing of her sisters silly faces. She was a great helper. Every time that Ian cried, Nicky would start singing his favorite songs, and we'd stop crying. Glenn drove on the way back home after the border of course. (he still nervous about driving in Mexico).
It's getting late so I might have to stop this post. I'll be posting some pictures later, since my Internet connection is not working very well tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment