Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August part II

Well some other tibits to rememer: I forgot to write down that we now have a new member of the family. Her name is LOLA THUMBULINA DINASOUR WALKER. Can you guess who decided on the name of our new addition?
She is so cute and shy. It's actually our second hamster. The first one was named Phoebe, but since we had to move to Texas we had to give her to somebody else. So far we have had 2 hamsters and 2 fishes. Kate and Oscar passed away. Our dear Oscar passed away after one year and a half of being part of our family. Kate passed away after we left her with our friend Robin. However, we feel so close to LOLA, and I think it is the first time we feel so attached to our pet. Even Glenn feels she's part of the family. My friend DD has a hamster, too, and she offered to lend her to us for the year if we wanted to. Her hammster is so nice and obedient. Poor Lola, she is very shy. I had the thought of returning her to the pet shop and getting DD's hamster, but Glenn told me that he would prefer to keep LOLA since he feels she is part of the fam.
Another thing to remember: Nicky started pre-k 4 this past Monday. She is having fun and already has made 2 friends: Livi (who is in our ward) and Jasmin. Jasmin is a girl who just speaks Spanish. Nicky thinks it's so cool and she even told me, "MAMA, JAZMIN IS TEACHING ME SPANISH. I KNOW HOW TO SAY SCHOOL IN SPANISH. LISTEN. SCHOOL IN SPANISH IS SCUELA (escuela)." She practices her Spanish everytime that she is able. I'm sure she will be fluent soon if she keeps practicing.
Ian misses her so much. Everytime that we drop her off at school, he gets very sad and every time we come back home he looks like a little ghost screaming, "NICKYYYY! NICKYYY, WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUU! COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!" I keep telling him to be able to go to school he MUST stop using diapers. Let see if I can convince him with this one. The price of replacing this apartment's carpet is ridiculous, so that's why I decided to postpone the potty training. However, everytime that I can, I encourage him to stop wearing diapers. He had a great reply to Glenn today after Church, because he said he was going to Nicky's school. Glenn told him he had to be a big boy and not use diapers, but he said no. Glenn asked him, "DO YOU WANT TO BE A BIG BOY OR A LITTLE BOY WITH DIAPERS?" Ian said, without a pause, "I WANNA BE A BIG BOY, BUT LITTLE." We had no response. :)
Hanna still a cutie chunky chunks. There is no day that when I go outside someobdy stops me to tell me how beautiful she is (I know she is so pretty, but also cute with SO many rolls lol). Tonight I'm having the beehives over to watch a movie at our place. So I need to keep going. ...turns out not everything was good news to end the month. Glenn's car's AC was stolen while he was on call thi s past week, and he also got sick while he was on call at the same time...but at least he wasn't there while they were stealing the AC! Count our blessings, right?
adios

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love reading all about your family. I keep forgetting to check your blog though since you have made it private. It no longer comes up on my blogger dashboard. I'm glad school is going well for Nicky. Your son Ian sounds like Melissa at the computer. She has to show me every creation she makes on it, and how each starfall.com game goes. She show me everytime she plays so I've seen everything before...but I try to be a good mom and I look again. :) I just ordered a few books from the library but wonder if I should even start reading them. It is so hard to read with little kids.

Cassidy said...

Oh man, I love love LOVE her chunky rolls!!!!!