One of my favorite hobbies is reading. Another one is using the computer. Another one is watching my novelas and shows while I cook. This last one is hard to do since I normaly try to manage the cooking while I talk on the phone and watch to my novelas at the same time. A few weeks ago I decided that I was becoming dumber and dumber, and I'm tired of complaining about it. I decided to start reading a book. I had so many good suggestions for some of my friends. So I started with the Twilight saga. The first book was SO BORING, it was like homework for me to read it. It got more interesting little by little. One of my friends lent me the first two books. It took me like a month and a half to read the first book. I just didn't have time to read it. Then I read the second one. It was more interesting so I finished it in just 3 days (of course, this is counting the fact I was going to sleep until 3 to 4 a.m. reading the book; the only time that I have to read is after the kids go to bed).
After I finished New Moon I felt it. The need, the intrigue to read the third one. I didn't want to go to the store and buy it. Not now. I remembered one of my friends told me she read it on the computer. I thought it was better than nothing so I googled it and there it was. The answer to all my prayers. The audio books. I started listening to it from the moment I woke up and during the whole day. I didn't have to stay away from my kids, or the duties of home to "read" my book. It actually put me in a good mood. Since everytime that I read I don't really enjoy it because I always had something that had it to be done. It felt like cheating since reading is good for me. Grammar, spelling, and vocabulary are some of the things that I picked up everytime that I read something. However listening to the audio wasn't that bad. I had to understand everything that the lady was saying. Somehow I did understand. I enjoyed it. I have received so many suggestions for books to read. I just hope somebody bothers enough to put them online. Otherwise it is going to be very dificult for me to read.
Now even though I'm not very into twilight mania, I have to confess that the description of that Edward reminded me of my handsome and wonderful husband in so many ways.

How does this saga brought me closer to him? I have always respected him and loved him, but when Bella was discribing the way she felt with her Edward and the way he was with her, it was like me talking about my Glenn. Everynight when I went to sleep I would look at him and observe him in his sleep. I would touch his arm and feel butterflies in my stomach. Is it possible? I mean we have been married for almost 6 years and he still makes me feel butterflies. Yeah I know I'm cheesy and I LOVE IT! He is one of a kind. He really cares about my happiness and our kids and he just makes me feel so unique in so many ways. No matter how ugly I look, or how fat I got or how bad my breath is he always tells me I look gorgeous. Maybe that's why sometimes it's hard for me to believe him. I'm a lucky and blessed woman for having him with me.
Okay enough of the chessiness. Let talk about this week's quotations from my kids.

Nicky has been sad for the last couple months. She will get sad for periods of times. I hate when I see her like that. The other day I told her that she needed to count her blessings. If there was no reason to be sad she shouldn't look for it. Then I made her remember all the blessings that she has like a family, a home, the church, health, etc. Of course the material things, too. Toys, computer, pirincess, a bed, etc.. I explained that Heavnely

Father has provied us with so many blessings and he gets sad everytime that he sees we are not happy. Not everything can be perfect, but count your blessings. I told her about all those less furtunate that has nothing to play with but a stick. She saw my face get very sad because she wasn't appreciating all that she has. Then with her frustrated voice told me, "MOM, DON'T WORRY. YOU KNOW I'M ALL ABOUT THE DRAMA."

I didn't know what to say. She was playing this role too good for her age. Next day I took the kids to McDonalds and on the way back Nicky asked for her friend Livi to come home with us. I told her that I was going to be very busy, but maybe next day she could come and visit. Then she got ALL SAD. I asked her why she was sad and told me, "YOU MADE ME SAD." Then I asked her why if we went to McDonalds and had fun. Then she said, "MOM, IF YOU WANT ME TO BE HAPPY, YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THAT I SAY." Of course that was enough for my patience. Right there she touched the bottom of it. When we came back home I told her I was going to give her a reason to be sad. I sent her to her room and asked her to think about what she said and did.
Next day we were going to go to the pool. She wanted to show off her new umbrella to her friend. I didn't want that, because with two 2 years old and just one cute umbrella the mess was going to be big. I told her no and perhaps tomorrow. She got all sad. For the first time I fulfilled my promise. I gave her 2 choices: 1, go to her room and be punished, or 2, put on her swimming suit and be happy. She decided for the first one. Thinking of course I was going to let her go to the pool anyway. I sent her to her room. My friend took her girls to the pool and I sayed with my kids. Nicky cried like somebody was killing her when she heard the door. She was so sad. I explained to her that she was still punished and she needed to go back to her room. Then she told me she was going to be happy. After that day, she really is trying to be happy and being very obedient. I don't know for how long this is going to last, but she surely is ALL ABOUT THE DRAMA right now.
It's late. I better go to sleep and save this post to finish until later...
1 comment:
Sorry it's taken me so long to read your blog!! I can't believe I've been away that long! That is funny that Nikki says she's "all about Drama"!! Too funny. When are we coming to visit???
Nikki had super cute clothes!
Post a Comment