So far October has been very generous. I'm SO tired, but I have been having SO MUCH FUN!
Seeing Cass and Linds was awsome! We were able to visit and stay up until late (kind of...on Friday the three of us were out for the day at 10:30 p.m. ...can you tell I'm getting old?)
Laura was also very generous and nice to invite us to the children's museum at Forth Wort. Unfortunately they were in contruction so half of the museum was closed. However that didn't stop us to have fun!




Nicky had an early present for her b-day, and so did I. My friends Cass and Linds came to visit. We had a weekend reunion. Nicky had so much fun with Carter, Meg, Hanna, Ian, Grant, and of course Jay. 

We started by going to a small pumpkin patch that we have close to our home. It was cold but nice to go and spend some time with friends. Glenn had his day off so he got the chance to
come with us. We had fun. I made taquitos for everybody and we ate pizza for dinner. After dinner we sent the kids to sleep and the girls and I went to the hot tub. When we came back we had hot fudge (made by Linds) with ice cream. We had the chance to visit without the constant yelling of the kids.
Next day Glenn was on call so the rest of us went to Dallas Zoo to see the rest of the zoo.
Last time we just were able to see the African Jungle area.

We all had fun but were SO tired. I had made
brisket, rolls, caviar beens, and corn bread beforehand. I knew that we were going to be so busy that I wasn't going to have the time to cook. We came back and the kids watched a movie while the girls took a nap. I made vegetables and mashed potatoes to join the rest of the dinner.
We sent the kids to sleep and had to be strong and talk more and more, but by 10:30 p.m. we all were OUT! That's right, we are indeed getting old. The next day we had breakfast and Cass had to leave. She needed to be back to her duties and she needed to drive longer than Linds. Linds, the kids, and I played some Wii and then we went to the hottub. We came back, had lunch, and visited a little bit more. The kids played while we visited. We didn't want the weekend to be over, but Linds had to go back to her husband who was also anxious to have them back. My hubby is sleeping and I'm fixing dinner. I had so much fun this weekend. Here are some more pics from my awesome weekend. Thanks girls for coming, and thanks to my awesome husband too for baby sitting so we could enjoy the hottub kidless.




Some things that I forgot to write about last month. However I'll add them right now Being an adventurous woman as I am, I decided to join the group of sewing moms. Wait that group doesn't exist! However, my friend Laura is helping me develop a skill that I still haven't found. :) Perhaps with time, right? Here are my first creations.
My girls' Halloween skirts. Laura is so patient with me and thanks to that I haven't given up to this. :)
brisket, rolls, caviar beens, and corn bread beforehand. I knew that we were going to be so busy that I wasn't going to have the time to cook. We came back and the kids watched a movie while the girls took a nap. I made vegetables and mashed potatoes to join the rest of the dinner.
We sent the kids to sleep and had to be strong and talk more and more, but by 10:30 p.m. we all were OUT! That's right, we are indeed getting old. The next day we had breakfast and Cass had to leave. She needed to be back to her duties and she needed to drive longer than Linds. Linds, the kids, and I played some Wii and then we went to the hottub. We came back, had lunch, and visited a little bit more. The kids played while we visited. We didn't want the weekend to be over, but Linds had to go back to her husband who was also anxious to have them back. My hubby is sleeping and I'm fixing dinner. I had so much fun this weekend. Here are some more pics from my awesome weekend. Thanks girls for coming, and thanks to my awesome husband too for baby sitting so we could enjoy the hottub kidless.
Some things that I forgot to write about last month. However I'll add them right now Being an adventurous woman as I am, I decided to join the group of sewing moms. Wait that group doesn't exist! However, my friend Laura is helping me develop a skill that I still haven't found. :) Perhaps with time, right? Here are my first creations.

On another subject: I also forgot to mention that I enrolled Nicky in a small gymnastic class about 2 months ago. She liked it, but she kept begging me to put her in ballet. I told her she needed to try at least one month, which by the way she did. She told me she wanted to keep doing gymnastics, but if she could choose, she'd prefer ballet, so I had to switch her. Now she is taking ballet and tap
lessons. She is loving them. She told me she misses Breanna, her gymnastics teacher. Too bad that with the budget of a resident we can't afford both classes, right? Anyway I guess it's a good thing that she sees Breanna every Sunday at church. However she already had a good friend in her ballet class. Nicky goes once per week for 1.1/2 hours. I can stay there and see her progress through a big window that the school has. Last time the three of us (Hanna, Ian and I) were watching Nicky's progress. I love how she feels so professional and confident about ballet. They had a water fountain which was a big temptation for Ian not to play with. In no time he of course had a puddle of water on the floor to play with. Then he started to move crazy like he was going to fall or something. I asked him to be careful and then he told me, "MOM, I'M FINE. DON'T YOU SEE I'M WATER SKATING?" lol. He can be very funny sometimes:) October is going fast. We are getting ready for Halloween and the rest of the holidays.
Until next time:)
4 comments:
Such a fun trip!! We really had a great time!!!! Thanks!
Your Halloween skirts were so cute. What a fun weekend with your girlfriends and their kids. I love the story about Ian and water skating by the drinking fountain. Too cute.
how fun, though I feel like I am missing out big time! (I am just a little bit jealous :)
Polly are you up for a 13 hrs drive? Hey how about Oklahoma?? You should come and visit some time. Or we should go and visit you some time, IF you want of course:)
Post a Comment