Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hurray for the good memories.

Some of the great benefits of moving so much is that you get to know all kind of people. After you move you don't have to keep in touch with the people that you don't like or feel identified with. Of course you can always choose what kind of people you wanted to have in your circle of friends, but it's kind of nice to adjust that with each move.



Living in College Station was lots of fun and full of great friends. Jill Barton is one of those friends that I made in C.S and I still keep in touch with. Today she invited us over to her in-laws' house who live btw a few minutes away from here. She lives in Lubbock. I can't believe that after those many years we could talk about everything just like old times. She is a great girl and has two great boys. The kids had a blast and Hanna was nuts with all that space to crawl around in. She does walk, but prefers crawling. Jill's husband is doing his M.D. They will be suffering through the horrible match thing next year. I'm sure they will do just fine. We talked about our special situation and how even though we were destroyed for the first couple of weeks, we now know it was for the best for our family to go this way. Glenn is enjoying whatever little thing that he does for Anesthesia, and can't wait to start his residency there. We talked about how hard it is for surgeon and specialists that require tons of time and effort to keep a sane family. It is tough and after this year of residency Glenn has told me that he was never meant to be a surgeon. Even though he still thinks plastics is awesome, he also thinks that it wouldn't have helped our family, and it would've made seeing our kids grow up and being involved with their lives would have been something hard to do. We had a great talk and were coming back and forth with our conversations. We both agree that C.S was a very special place and how hard it's been to make good friends after it. I've been blessed. I have recognize that I have met more people and just a few of them have been so important in my life that I keep in touch with them.

After we move I might go and see her in Lubbock. She mentioned a couple of places that I want to go and have fun with my hubby and kids.

Who would have known? After all these years, on the way back to our home, Nicky told me she remembered Jill's son from Nursery and how well they played. Oh, the good memories:)

No comments: