Friday, March 5, 2010

Spanish lesson

I WANT = QUIERO
WATER = AGUA
MILK = LECHE
EGGS = HUEVO
PLEASE = PORFAVOR
Those are the basics that Nicole and Ian know about Spanish. It works perfect when somebody that doesn't speak English is around.
Today Nicky felt down and injured her chin. We were driving around and she told me "MOM SINCE I INJURED MY CHIN WOULD YOU PLEASE BUY ME A TOY" I told her "NO COMPRENDO NO ENGLISH NICOLE" I saw her face thinking, and thinking, and thinking and getting frustrated and then I told her in Spanish "IF YOU WOULD PAY ATTENTION YOU WOULD KNOW THAT TOY MEANS JUGUETE" and of course I could see the little mouse in her brain working as hard has it could "MOM QUIERO UN JUGUETE!"
I guess when she wants she can really learn fast:)

2 comments:

Barb Stanford said...

She is a smart little girl...and WAY too cute!! =)

Emily said...

I'm so happy you changed back to english. Nikki is getting so old and she's so smart. When there's a will, theres a way with her. We miss you guys. You're still in San Antonio right? Next time we go to Sea World we should meet up.