Anyway they are so expensive so I convinced him (and myself) that I could totally live without one. Everytime we go to Costco or Sams we always look at them and sigh. Then we look at the prices and smile repeating the same sentence, "WE ARE FINE WITHOUT ONE!"
Anyway last week at Goodwill they were having a huge sale of books and VHS movies (10 for $3). While I was picking some books and some movies the kids were looking at the toys.
Glenn felt bad that Hanna didn't have a chair like her other two siblings. I didn't since she doesn't like tv at all. This chair is so perfect for her. It plays music and is one of those leap frog toys that wants to help the kids learn.
It was time to go and then it was like from heaven, somebody playing some gospel music in the background. My eyes couldn't believe what I was looking at. A SUPER NICE RECLINER. I thought, "I'm sure it's super expensive" (Goodwill gives good prices for toys or books or VHS, but other than that it's either expensive junk or brand new super mega expensive). Anyway, I was curious and I saw the price, and my eyes couldn't believe it. I checked and double checked to make sure that it wasn't something tricky with it. Perhaps it wasn't as comfy as I thought. I sat down on it and AWWWWWWWW I HAD TO BUY IT!
I bought the chair thinking that I couldn't be that lucky. I thought that perhaps it was going to break on the way home. Or the worst, my dear hubby was going to hate it. If that were the case I would have just thrown the money away (there are no refunds in those stores).
I checked out with tons of doubts. I asked the guy who was helping me to put it in my van. "I'm nervous. Do you really think this is a good chair? I mean, if I were your wife and you came home and I surprised you with this chair, would you be mad or happy?" (The poor man probably thought I was nuts) :S
We came back home and sent the kids to take their naps. I wanted everything perfect, so I moved the furniture around to make room for the chair. I brought the chair into the living room waiting for Glenn to come. Once again pic
tures speak a 1000 words.
He LOVES it! and Hanna is a big fan of it, too!
5 comments:
Nice!!! Bo was like that with wanting a nice recliner too. I love it.
I absolutely LOVE Hannah's smile in that first picture. Awesome.
Good shopping girl!
Wow, what great deals you found! We have that little music chair and my girls love it! I'm so glad you ended up getting the recliner and you can tell your hubby did too.
You are too funny. I was the same way with money too. You guys will be blessed for keeping in a good budget. Keep it going, your guys are amazing. P.S. I love second hand stores. I really miss DI in Utah....Ahhh those where good days!
Yeah..what wonderful buys!!
Glenn looks blissful and happy...good for you Claudia. Those pictures are so great!
great job, nothing feel nicer than finding great treasures with a great price.
Post a Comment